47: Can you use tech to empower our healthcare teams? with Dr Anas Nader from Patchwork2nd August 2022
49: How did a digital health blockchain startup lead to a telemedicine platform? With Dr Abdullah Albeyatti23rd May 2023
On this episode, we have Benyamin, a Doctor and co-founder of Deep Medical. He developed the idea for the company in 2020 alongside his co-founder, David Hanbury, who is an AI engineer. They wanted to help utilise appointments in healthcare more efficiently while being focused on finding solutions that were people-centred.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Using AI, Deep Medical is designed to better understand human behaviour and predict who might be at risk of missing their appointments with 90% accuracy. We talk about Benyamin’s journey to developing the product, how the product works, their current rollout and their ongoing ambition to reduce health inequalities.
On the show, you’ll find out:
- Benyamin’s experience as a junior doctor
- How he started his own business in standardising care
- How he’s used AI and a patient-centric approach to find out how to prevent missed appointments
- How Benyamin found medicine despite a love of Maths & Economics
- How he found radiology through his passion for digital innovation
- How moving to the US allowed him to assess a tech-based approach to medicine
- How looking at demographic data helped him understand the barriers to appointment attendance
- How inequality, class and local environments are key to AI-based appointment allocation
- How he and his co-founder David combined their knowledge of machine learning and clinical care to develop Deep Medical
- and much much more!
LinkedIn: Dr Benyamin Deldar
LinkedIn: David Hanbury
Connect with Vinay: Vinay Shankar
Podcast: 15 Minutes With The Doctor